Looking for a newborn photographer in Chicago and overwhelmed? Quite natural to be confused about which newborn photographer to go with..the following list aims to help you make a rational informed decision.
1. We googled top 10 newborn photographers in Chicago (see screen shot below). Take a look at their gallery of images. Eliminate the ones that are NOT your style. Select your top 5. Sri and Jana Photography specializes in modern colorful artistic newborn photography.
2. Once you have your top 5, check out their gallery and look for consistency and variety. Consistency is key. It is like a car’s engine; needs to be reliable every time all the time. Look for consistent colors – Is it too yellow, too red, too blue or is it pleasing to your eyes? Look for cute props. Look for beautiful poses – Are they creative? Are they organic? Does the baby look relaxed and peaceful? MOST IMPORTANT – Are the babies’ fingers relaxed (not clenched due to stress)? When you look at your baby’s image on your wall or in a book, you want to look at it and feel peaceful and happy and not be stressed. See below, how peaceful the baby is sleeping, his fingers are so relaxed in EACH and EVERY pose. One of the most requested poses is the “hands under the chin of the baby”. Using that image as a reference point, compare the work of your favorite 5 or 10 newborn photographers.
3. Just the two things above may lead you to decide on the best newborn photographer in Chicagobut let us keep going…let’s say you have narrowed your choices to top 3 based on quality. To narrow your choices even further, is the photographer/studio space accessible to you ? Do you want the photographer to come to your home or do you want to go to an external setting and get your photos taken? We are very accessible (90-94, 55, 290) and routinely get parents traveling from Gurnee, Skokie, Evanston, Indiana, Vernon Hills, Highland Park, Tinley Park, Hinsdale to name a few.
4. The next question is availability. While we try to accommodate last-minute newborn (and maternity) requests, our calendar gets filled up 2 – 3 months in advance. Please give us a call at 312.493.5497 to check availability and book your session.
5. Price – Last but certainly not the least is price. How much do you want to invest? To answer that question, you need to answer – What is the purpose of these photos? Is the purpose to celebrate your new bundle of joy and decorate your walls with artistic newborn photos? Your baby is newborn ONCE; freeze that moment and cherish it forever.
Apart from the factors above, our clients LOVE their experience. This is just a few of the reviews on Yelp.
As a client, you can choose to watch the entire session and see how we create these adorable poses or relax in a separate waiting area or like many of our repeat clients, leave the baby with us to get some coffee/ “YOU” time.
Our process – simple; results – remarkable!
Sri & Jana
Have you liked us on Facebook ?